Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This one is for Pedicure lovers....?

What is your favorite part of a pedicure? Describe a perfect pedicure, without being nasty of course. I am starting a pedicure business and I would love some input. Men reply also if you have had one. ThanksThis one is for Pedicure lovers....?
My favorite part is the calf massage. I could sit there all day and let them massage me. I also like having so many polish colors to choose from. I don't like if I am trying to read a magazine and the pedicure person keeps talking to me. I also don't like when I can't understand what I am being asked because the person's English is so bad.This one is for Pedicure lovers....?
If you know any thing about reflexology this is good. I was studying reflexology on my own and a friend bought me a book I started using it along with my pedicures. What this type of foot message does is locate back problems. A real good example I can give you for instant. Some one wants a pedicure and they have a headache. Rub their big toe not harshly there many nerves in the toes that effect the body. Around the heel will relieve tension around the kidney area. Rub toes for sinus problems also. Different parts of the feet effect different parts of the rest of the body. Reflexology books can be found at your local library and also check the internet for more information. You can't charge extra without having a license but your customers should come back and what is more is that you don't advertise it to any one this is your own information. Keep it to yourself because sometimes it is for your better benefit.
I dont like the calf massage if they squeeze too hard. It hurt so badly one time, I had to ask the person to stop because I knew I was going to be sore the next day! I love it when the soap they use smells nice and the water isn't allowed to get cold (many times I have taken my feet out to have something done, put them back in and found cold water, ewww) Also, I think a pedicutist should ask a client wether or not theyt would like to have the razor used on the bottom of their feet or not. My feet are very sensitive, and quite frankly, the idea of having a stranger use a razor anywhere on me kind freaks me out.





Good luck!
Oh...bliss. Sheer bliss.





My daughter and I do this 2 times a month, it's our bond time, for a couple of hours no preteen angst lol





The nail spa we go to has a wonderful owner, very hands on and she gets to know her clients and their needs. After just a few visits, she saw long term customer potential in us and offered us a package deal. That was 2 years ago and we are still going! She now offers it to all customers, calls it tips and toes. She has a room that is glassed off from the outer room. She can still observe all that goes on but it allows the package customers some peace and quiet. We can pick some tunes we like, talk about stuff and just relax. One investment she considered crucial is the ped chair..she upgrades every couple of years and it makes a huge difference.





I also like a range of services...parrafin ( sp?), stones, nail art, deep tissue massage. She also gives sample lotions, its a nice touch.





We pay a bit more than most of the strip mall nail salons but you know what? Worth every penny.
the foot and leg massage...it is so relaxing...actually, nothing is better than a pedicure...it makes me feel special..good luck with your new business...i am sure you will be successful...
i love having the warm towel put on my legs it is soo relaxing





i especially love the massage on my calves and feet





the entire time of getting a pedicure is defenitely relaxing though and it would be nicer if you cleaned the vents of th chairs with a strong disinfectant because i have a friend who got a toe fungus when getting a pedicure

No comments:

Post a Comment