Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Manicure/pedicure ettiquette?

I've only had two pedicures in my life, and each time I've felt completely out of place. If you're a pro and this, can you give me some pointers? I bring cash to tip everyone, but if you've just had your fingernails done, how in the world do you not mess them up? And how do you leave the salon with shoes on (Even sandals) without goofing up your toes? I'm at a total loss ladies, help me out. Give me your best tips and pointers....everything a rookie needs to know.





Thanks!!Manicure/pedicure ettiquette?
i always get mani/pedis, im actually getting one today. Okay so before you get your nails done, leave the money on the table beside you and when your finished just tell the lady that the money is on the table and you dont want to mess up your nails by picking it up. usually after pedicures the woman will but your shoes back on for youso you don't mess them up. just ask her, she will. then just walk out, the polish wont smear.Manicure/pedicure ettiquette?
When i get manicures and pedicures i aske to pay befor i get it done that way i won't mess it up. For toes I wear those shoes with a band that opens with the velcro and open the velcro carefully and then i velcro it.
I get them all the time. My nail person has me pay before they do the polish. Also, he/she should put your sandals on for you. I just wait until things seem pretty dry, and then I put on InstaDry, by OPI, on myself, which I bring to the salon. That takes care of it, but I'm careful to not bump into anything. If I do, Orly has a smudge fixer polish, and I use that.
Generally you pay for the service and tip before you get the polish applied, just let the tech know that you will need a total before he or she polishes so you won't mess the job up. As far as shoes or sandals....bring sandals, like flip flops along, but the salon should not expect you to leave before you are dry enough to remove the spacers and get you shoes on with our goofing your toes up...same goes with you fingers. Usually you can just move to another seat and sit and read a magazine for 15 minutes, that usually will be enough time to get the polish dry enough, but be care for a few hours as it takes that long before it hardens.
I feel your pain! I've only had a few, but I've made sure to watch others while I'm there. That's the first thing you can do for some tips! Most of those ladies go every week!





Usually if I'm getting both a pedicure %26amp; a manicure, they ask me to pay before they began to polish my nails. If they don't ask me, I'll ask them if I can. Then I go ahead and pay and tip at that point. Then you don't have to worry about your nails getting messed up. As far as your pedicure, I always make sure to wear flip-flops. Those are the best to wear right after you finish up. But the best, best, best tip is to wait as long as you can before you leave to let ALL your nails dry as much as possible. Keep them under those flourescent lights and fans as long as time permits. You don't want to waste all that money you just spent! Oh, and be sure to get your keys, sunglasses, etc. out of your purse before they start to polish your nails. That way your not fumbling around for anything in your purse afterwards.





VERY EXCELLENT QUESTION. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL THE OTHER ANSWERS! A STAR FOR YOU!
When getting my manicure/pedicure, I always stay a few extra minutes, maybe 2 or 3 minutes extra to make sure that they are really dry.





I hope this helps you some.
keep the money for the services in one part of your wallet.


get pedi first; get out wallet and keep it in your lap during your mani; after the mani hold your wallet so the person who is ringing you up can grab the money for your services.





this is how i've taught my clients.


by the time your nails are done the toes are dry. only have to dry the fingers (which doesn't take long under the lamp)








NEVER TIP BEFORE THE SERVICE IS COMPLETED





i never accept a tip before the service is completed so i would never expect a tip before i'm done.
Well I think you've already gotten to the most important step in the you want to tip, so you are being very polite there. You don't need to tip everyone, you just need to tip the person who gives you the mani or pedi, and you can give her between 10 and 20 percent, depending on how good of a job she did. If you are worried about messing up your nails, you can pay before hand. I always wear thong sandals to get a pedi, and I never have a problem with them messing up my toenails. I usually sit under the heat lamps for a while. You can sit for an extra time if you're worried about it though, they'll give you a magazine to read. As for your fingernails, just be careful not to chip them on your keys when you're getting into your car, you can even ask the manicurist to get your keys out of your purse for you (I've done this before)





Remember to relax and enjoy the foot bath and the massage, it's about pampering and not stressing about chips - have fun!!! :)
1. wear flip flops... if it's cold/wet out make sure everything is completely dry before you put on other shoes.


2. tip/pay ahead of time


3. should be some kind of drying session so you should be able to pay/tip after that
pay before hand, and ask them to keep the toe seperaters in after the do your pedicure. and sit under the nail dryer for a while so that you dont mess up your nails
for manicures, try to use the pads of your fingers instead of the tips untill it stops feeling gummy on you fingers. and for pedicures wear sandals and when you are walking around lift your toes up a little bit!
First and foremost of course, wear flip flops. Any good salon will have you wait until your toenails are completely dry, then they will help put your sandals on for you to avoid messing it up. For fingernails, they should offer this but if they don't, ask to pay before they paint them. And yes, paying in cash is always best, I do $5 tip per service.
sandals work
what? haha its not that hard. pay before with yer nails and you have to go it slow but you can put yer sandals on without messing yer toes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment