Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it true that if u get pedicures during pregnancy, they can put u into labor?

my cousin-in-law told me yesterday that there are pressure points in ur feet that can actually induce labor...


is this true?Is it true that if u get pedicures during pregnancy, they can put u into labor?
YES, it is true. I work in a day spa and one of our employees was pregnant but hadn't told anyone yet and got a pedi with a vigorous foot massage, felt crappy right after and ended up having a miscarriage a few days later.


Another on of our girls is due in 2 weeks and keeps getting people to work the preessure points on her feet to try and get labor going.


Pedicures are ok during pregnancy, but make sure you let them know them know that you are pregnant, especially in the first trimester, and that way they can avoid massaging the feet.Is it true that if u get pedicures during pregnancy, they can put u into labor?
Supposedly it's true. You just have to have it done by someone who knows the pressure points, and will focus on them. And your body has to be ready to go into labor as well, or nothing short of a medical induction would work (and of course, sometimes medical inductions don't even work).
I don't think so. I got pedicures throughout my second pregnancy and nothing like that happened.
Myth.
No...I had one and I'm still pregnant.
  • wedding makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment