Saturday, January 23, 2010

Should Diabetics Pedicure?

I'm a diabetic in the habit of pedicuring. Recently, I saw the sore toes of a fellow diabetic. They were so bad that the doctors were considering amputating them. Now I wonder..should a diabetic pedicure? How often should a diabetic pedicure if you think it is okay to do so?Should Diabetics Pedicure?
Actually doctors say diabetics should not get a pedicure, the toe nails should not ever be cut just filed. Diabetics don't heal as well from cuts or scrapes and also don't notice them all the time unless we inspect our feet daily which we are suppose to do. You can go to a Podiatrist to have your toe nails cut.





That being said I can't live without my pedicures so I make sure I use a good nail tech to do my pedicures. So it is up to you and you can talk to your doctor but I do it every couple months.Should Diabetics Pedicure?
My Dad was diabetic and he was told it was important to look after his feet especially his toenails, something to do with the possibility of getting problems with circulation due to in growing toenails. Indeed his Doctor arranged for him to have his feet and toes done every few weeks, the works, he felt quite pampered he had better feet than me. So personally I don't see a problem as long as it's done professionally after all you're just looking after yourself and that can't be a bad thing. All the best.
You pay attention to them, look after them, and there's no reason why you can't have a pedicure.





Go to a decent salon, preferably one that understands the fact your diabetic.


Enjoy, relax. There really shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep an eye on your feet.
Yes certainly - but it is best to have it done by a professional chirpodist who is aware of your condition. And generally, you can get that service free.
Yes actually if your diabetic it's good to get pedicures
Yes It is essential to look after your feet.
you need to see a chiropodist NOT a salon!
why not if done by a professional?

No comments:

Post a Comment